Dr. Bhavya K Bairy
Dr. Bhavya K Bairy
Trustwell Hospitals is proud to have Dr. Bhavya K Bairy as Consultant - Psychiatrist, who has work experience from many of the reputed colleges in Bangalore like NIMHANS and St.John's Medical College. Dr. Bhavya completed her MBBS from the renowned Kasturba Medical College, Manipal and followed it with a MD (Psychiatry) from SDM Medical College and Hospital, Dharwad.
She has taken Undergraduate classes and clinics for MBBS and was involved in Post graduate training for about 5 years in various prestigious medical colleges like NIMHANS and St John’s Medical College, Bangalore. She was involved in digital training at Virtual Knowledge Network (VKN) and NIMHANS Digital Academy (NDA), NIMHANS.
Previous work experience-
● Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, NIMHANS, Bangalore, Karnataka:
December 2018 - December 2021
● Senior Resident, Department of Psychiatry, NIMHANS, Bangalore, Karnataka:
February 2018 - December 2018
● Senior Resident, Department of Psychiatry, St.John's Medical College, Bangalore,
Karnataka: August 2015- February 2018
● Junior Resident, Department of Psychiatry, SDM Medical College and Hospital,
Dharwad: June 2012 to June 2015
- MBBS - Kasturba Medical College, Manipal - 2006 to 2012.
- M.D. Psychiatry - SDM Medical College and Hospital, Dharwad - Year 2012 to 2015.
- Short term studentship (STS) - ICMR project on – “Knowledge and practice patterns of non-allopathic indigenous medical practitioners regarding Tuberculosis in Udupi taluk of Karnataka” in 2009.
- Certificate of Merit in Final year MBBS – Part II - 2011.
- Thesis topic - Disability assessment, quality of life and caregiver burden in schizophrenia and depressive disorder: A comparative study. Under the guidance of Dr. Abhay V Matkar - 2012-15.
- Best Poster Award for the poster presented during KANCIPS – 2013 held at Hassan on August 2-3, 2013 for the poster titled Disulfiram induced hypertension – Case series and review of literature.
- Best outgoing postgraduate in MD Psychiatry from SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital, Dharwad in 2015.
- Worked as Co-investigator for a study funded by St John’s Research Society grant 2017 titled – “A study to identify the factors that differentiate between low intent and high intent in individuals with deliberate self harm attempts admitted in a tertiary general hospital in South India” with IEC number 200/2016
- Worked as team lead for capacity building projects - Project Bihar DMHP doctors ECHO and Chhattisgarh IMA doctors ECHO at Virtual Knowledge Network (VKN), NIMHANS in 2017.
- Early Career Travel Award by MARCE society in MARCE-2018 at NIMHANS Convention Centre, Bengaluru + Shortlisted for Phase 2 as coauthor for BMJ South Asia awards - 2019 with Dr Prabhat Kumar Chand for Mental Health Team of the Year.
- Awarded a scholarship for 4th National Conference on Tobacco or Health 2019 at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India which included waiver for registration, travel and accommodation by the conference organisers.
- Trained more than 500 medical officers as course coordinator for Diploma in Community Mental Health in NIMHANS Digital Academy from 2018 to 2020.
- Bairy KL, Pawan K, Avinash H, Chandrashekar BR, Lydia, Bhavya B, Satish K. Comparative effect of Calcium mupirocin and Fluticasone on experimentally induced burn wound healing in rats. International Journal of Applied Biology and Pharmaceutical Technology 2011;2(2):140-3.
- Bairy KL, Chandrashekar BR, Avinash H, Pawan K, Lydia, Bhavya B, Satish K. Comparative effect of Sodium fusidate and Framycetin sulphate on experimentallyinduced burn wound healing. nternational Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research 2011;9(1):31-3.
- Kulkarni RR, Bairy BK. Disulfiram induced reversible hypertension: A prospective case study and brief review.Indian J Psychol Med 2013;35:217-9.
- Kulkarni RR, Pradeep AV, Bairy BK. Disulfiram-Induced Combined Irreversible Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy and Reversible Peripheral Neuropathy: A Prospective Case Report and Review of the Literature. J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci Fall 2013; 25:4:339-42.
- Kulkarni RR, Ramdurg SI, Bairy BK. Disulfiram induced reversible hypertension: A prospective case series and review of the literature. Indian J Psychol Med 2014;36:434-8.
- Bairy BK, Ramdurg SI. Study of sleep patterns in alcohol recovery patients. Indian Journal of Psychiatry. 56(5), S25.
- Ramdurg SI, Bairy BK. Case-control study of Amitriptyline in treatment of insomnia in alcohol recovery patients: One month follow- up. Indian Journal of Psychiatry. 56(5), S50.
- Kulkarni RR, Bairy BK. Disulfiram-Induced De Novo Convulsions without Alcohol Challenge: Case Series and Review of Literature. Indian J Psychol Med 2015; 37(3):345-8.
- Bairy BK, Bairy KL. Treatment of depression in the elderly. Int. J. Adv. Res.2017;5(7):587-92.
- N Manamohan, B Acharya, D Hegde, J Pradeep. An Atypical Presentation of Psychiatric Symptoms In Wilson's Disease. Indian Journal of Psychiatry 59 (6), S202.
- Bairy BK, Matkar AV. Disability Assessment, Quality Of Life (qol) And Caregiver Burden In Depressive Disorder And Schizophrenia: A Comparative Study. Indian Journal of Psychiatry 59 (6), S202.
- Bairy BK, Ganesh A, Govindraj D, Chand PK. Role of digital learning in addiction psychiatry. Digital Psychiatry. 2019 Jan 1;2(1):25-33. 13. Bairy BK, Bairy KL. Management Of Antidepressant Induced Side Effects. . Int. J. Adv. Res.2019;5(7): 242-246.
Online Appointment Request
Temporibus adipisci modi nisi, in deserunt. Nam, veritatis pariatur fugit explicabo? Nemo eius, eaq ue saepe facilis quidem nisi. Officiis doloremque dolorum optio.
Specialization and Expertise
What Our Patient's Say About Us
Team of Cardiology Specialists
Healthcare blogs by Trustwell Hospital Consultants to educate the patients on all aspects of lifestyle and other common diseases
Digestive Disorders: Symptoms, Causes & Treatment Options
Digestive Disorders: Symptoms, Causes & Treatment Options Read More »