Dr. Jerrish A Jose
Dr. Jerrish A Jose
Dr. Jerrish A Jose is a Senior Consultant in Pain Management, Ergonomics and Physiotherapy with 20 years’ experience in neuro-musculoskeletal disorders and rehabilitation. His specialisation includes General Physiotherapy, Pediatric Physiotherapy, Trigger Point Therapy, Dry Needling, Fascial Manipulations, Stroke, Scoliosis and Cerebral Palsy Rehabilitations, Myotherapy, Ergonomics, Work-Related Musculo-Skeletal Disorders, Ergonomic Evaluation of Workstations and Acupuncture.
He secured MPT from Rajiv Gandhi University, Bangalore with specialisation in Musculoskeletal & Sports Physiotherapy (Effect of Trigger Point Therapy vs Stretching on Intensity of Pain and Ankle Rom in Patients with Plantar Fascitis). He possesses a Diploma in Acupuncture of the Indian College of Acupuncture
He passed a course in Ergonomics of the Lulea University of Technology, Sweden with a grade point of 5 out of 5. He is an Accredited Instructor for Myopain Seminars (USA) and a Certified Trainer of the International Ergonomic School, Milan (Italy). He secured Certificate in Fascial Manipulation (STECCO Institute, Italy), by passing all the three levels of examinations. He is PhD Scholar of Dr. M G R University, Chennai, India).
He is an accredited trainer on Risk Mapping, EPM TACO Tool, OCRA, Revised NIOSH Lifting Equation, and Push-Pull-Carry under EPM International Ergonomics School, Milan, Italy.
He has taught about 3000 Physiotherapists and rehabilitation professionals on Ergonomic Workplace Analysis, myofascial release, neural and soft-tissue mobilization, Surface Electromyography, RULA, REBA, Strain Index, Revised NIOSH Lifting Equation, Snook tables, Borg Ratings, MFA and OCRA Methods, MAPO Index etc.
He conducted over 1000 Ergonomics Awareness Trainings for IT&BT professional in India and abroad.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy Degree (B.P.T.)
- Master of Physiotherapy Degree (M.P.T.)
- Fundamentals of Computers and Course in Biostatistics and Research
Methodology with Clinical Psychology
- Certificate in Ergonomics, University of Lulea, Sweden.
- Diploma in Acupuncture, Indian College of Acupuncture, St John’s
Medical college, Bangalore
- Certified Trainer for EPM
- Certified Dry Needling Course Instructor (Myopain Seminars, USA)
- Certificate in Fascial Manipulation (STECCO Institute, ITALY)
- PhD Scholar, RVS College, Coimbatore, India (Dr. M G R University,
1. Selected and trained as an accredited trainer on Risk Mapping, Postural Risk using EPM TACO Tool, Biomechanical Overload using OCRA methods, Revised NIOSH Lifting Equation, and Push Pull-Carry under EPM International Ergonomics School. EPM International Ergonomics School is run by the EPM (Ergonomics for Posture and Movement), based in Milan, Italy - one of the world's foremost Ergonomics research units.
2. Trained and guided more than 3000 Physiotherapists and other rehabilitation professionals in Ergonomic Workplace Analysis (EWA) and in RECOUP’s own internationally acclaimed treatment approach for musculoskeletal disorders (MSD): SHARAN'S Protocol (Skilled Hands-on Approach for Release of myofascia, Neural and Soft-tissue mobilization).
3. Biofeedback using Surface Electromyography using The Neuro-Trac EMG Biofeedback machine.
4. Ergonomic Workplace Analysis using Rapid Upper Limb Assessment (RULA), Rapid Entire Body Assessment (REBA), The Strain Index, Revised NIOSH Lifting Equation, Snook tables, Borg Ratings of Perceived Exertion scale, Muscle Fatigue Assessment method, The Occupational Repetitive Action (OCRA) Methods, MAPO Index (Movement and Assistance of Hospital Patients)
5. Conducted over 1000 Ergonomics awareness training sessions for Information Technology, Biotechnology and Manufacturing professionals.
6. Conducted and guided 5 research projects on MSD and Ergonomics.
7. Rehabilitated more than 1000 children with Cerebral Palsy.
8. Treated more than 20,000 patients with Work Related Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSD) and other Neuromusculoskeletal disorders from across the world.
9. Worked as on-site Consultant Ergonomist in companies like McKinsey and Company, Cisco, Akzonoble, Otis, British Gas, Tata Tea, Monsanto, L’Oreal and Kirloskar Manufacturing.
10. Course Coordinator and Faculty of Advanced Ergonomics Course for Manipal Academy of higher Education, Mahe, Mangalore, India.
11. Had attended courses in advanced Osteopathy techniques, Chiropractic techniques and Pelvic pain management techniques.
12. Also completed the course on Advanced instrumentation in Ergonomics for Occupational Health Research in 2018 which was conducted by National Institute for Occupational Health and Indian Council for Medical Research.
1. Sharan D, Ajeesh PS, Jerrish A Jose, Sukrit Debnath, Manjula M. Back pack injuries in Indian school children: risk factors and clinical presentations. Work 2012; 41: 929-32 (DOI 10.3233/WOR-2012-0265-929)
2. Jerrish A Jose. History taking. Work 2012; 41: 5369-5370 (DOI 10.3233/WOR-2012-0081-5369)
3. Jerrish A Jose. Outcome measures and prognosis of WRMSD. Work 2012; 41: 4848-4849 (DOI 10.3233/WOR-2012-0775-4848)
4. Presented 6 papers, conducting a preconference workshop and 2 symposia at the 8thInternational Conference on Prevention of Work-related Musculoskeletal Disorders (PREMUS) at Busan (South Korea) in July 2013.
5. Sharan D, Ajeesh PS, Jerrish A Jose, Debnath S, Manjula M. Severe Back Pack Injuries in Indian School Children: Risk Factors and Clinical Presentations, paper presented at the 18th World Congress of Ergonomics at Recife, Brazil (February 12-16, 2012).
6. Jerrish A Jose. History taking in WRMSD, paper presented at the 18th World Congress of Ergonomics at Recife, Brazil (February 12-16, 2012).
7. Jerrish A Jose. Outcome measures and prognosis of WRMSD, paper presented at the 18th World Congress of Ergonomics at Recife, Brazil (February 12-16, 2012).
8. Presented 4 papers and conducted symposium at IEA World Congress, 2015 at Busan, Korea
9. Presented “Effectiveness of onsite occupational health clinics in management of work-related musculoskeletal disorders in 12000 information technology professionals” at IEA 2018, Florence, ITALY.
10. Conducted Workshops and Special sessions on “How to run an effective onsite clinic”, “How to perform an Ergonomic Workplace Analysis”, “Onsite Interventions for Prevention and Treatment of Work-related Musculoskeletal Disorders. What works and what doesn’t?” at IEA World Congress, 2018, Florence, ITALY.
Specialization and Expertise
Pain Management, Ergonomics and Physiotherapy
What Our Patient's Say About Us
Team of Cardiology Specialists
Healthcare blogs by Trustwell Hospital Consultants to educate the patients on all aspects of lifestyle and other common diseases