Dr. Nandakishore S K
Profile of Dr. Nandakishore S K
Dr Nandakishore is an experienced urologist who is currently practising at Trustwell Hospital, Bangalore. He is an experienced urologist with special interests in Endourology, Laparoscopic, and Robotic Urology. Dr Nandakishore S K started his career as a consultant urologist at MIMS, Calicut from 2007.
He is adept in performing various endourologic, laparoscopic procedures for urological disorders such as cancer, kidney stones, prostate cancer, bladder cancer, and PUJ obstruction. Since 2011, he has performed more than 500 laparoscopic procedures, 1500 kidney stones procedures, and more than 2000 laser surgeries.
Key skills and proficiency
1. Appropriate diagnostic evaluation
2. Robotic surgery
3. Laparoscopic surgery
4. Endourology which includes mini / Supine PCNL, RIRS
5. Laser surgeries ..includes lithotripsy and HOLEP
6. Reconstructive Urology with pyeloplasty, urethroplasty, cystoplasty
7. Female Urology .includes fistula repair, TOT tape insertion
8. Andrology with vasectomy reversal, Penile implant surgeries.
- MBBS from Government Medical College, Mysore
- MS in General Surgery from Govt Medical College, Bangalore
- DNB (Urology) from Diplomate of National Board, New Delhi
- Fellowship in Endourology and Robotic surgery from Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Karnataka Medical Council (KMC)
- South Asian Society for Sexual Medicine
- Urological Society of India (USI)
- Bangalore Urological Society
- Pretransplant Nephrectomy In Adult Polycystic Kidney.BJUI, Volume 101, Number 1, January 2008, Pp.94 -97
- Testicular plasmacytoma in a previously treated multiple myeloma. Is testis a sanctuary site?
- JCO Sep 20, 2010:e456-e458; published online on August 2, 2010;
- Shapur N, Pode D, Katz R, Shapiro A, Yutkin V, Pizov G, Appelbaum L, Zorn K, C, Duvdevani M, Landau E, H, Gofrit O, N, Predicting the Risk of High-Grade Bladder Cancer Using Noninvasive Data. Urol Int 2011;87:319-324\
- Shapur, N.K., Katz, R., Pode, D., Shapiro, A., Yutkin, V., Pizov, G., Appelbaum, L., Zorn, K.C., Duvdevani, M., Landau, E.H. and Gofrit, O.N., 2011. Is radical cystectomy mandatory in every patient with variant histology of bladder cancer? Rare tumours, 3(2).
- X-ray diffraction and SEM study of kidney stones in Israel: quantitative analysis, crystallite size determination, and statistical characterization. Vladimir Uvarov, Inna Popov, Nandakishore Shapur, Tamer Abdin, Ofer N. Gofrit, Dov Pode, Mordechai Duvdevani Environmental Geochemistry and Health, December 2011, Volume 33, Issue 6, pp 613-622
- Crystallite size--is it a new predictor for renal stone burden? Nandakishore K Shapur, Vladimir Uvarov, Inna Popov, Ran Katz, Ofer N Gofrit, Ezekiel H Landau, Dov Pode, Mordechai Duvdevani. Urology 2012 Nov 15;80(5):980-5. Epub 2012 Sep 15.
- Sustained release varnish containing chlorhexidine for prevention of biofilm formation on urinary catheter surface: in vitro study. Nandakishore K Shapur, Mordechai Duvdevani, Michael Friedman, Batya Zaks, Irit Gati, Eran Lavy, Ran Katz, Ezekiel H Landau, Dov Pode, Ofer N Gofrit, Doron Steinberg J Endourol 2012 Jan;26(1):26-31. ( SECOND PRIZE - Essay of fellowship – submitted to Endourology society)
- Evaluation of Urinary Catheters Coated with Sustained-Release Varnish of Chlorhexidine in Mitigating Biofilm Formation on Urinary Catheters in Dogs. G. Segev1,*, T. Bankirer1, D. Steinberg2, M. Duvdevani3, N.K. Shapur3, M. Friedman4 and E. Lavy1, Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine Volume 27, Issue 1, pages 39–46, January/February 2013
Specialization and Expertise
What Our Patient's Say About Us
Team of Cardiology Specialists
Healthcare blogs by Trustwell Hospital Consultants to educate the patients on all aspects of lifestyle and other common diseases