Dr. S. K. Raghunath
Profile of Dr. S. K. Raghunath
Trustwell Hospitals is proud to have Dr Raghunath S.K - One of the Best Uro-Oncologist in Bangalore and the entire South India. He is a Robotic Uro-oncologist. Dr Raghunath is also one of the Directors of Trustwell Hospitals.
Dr Raghunath has performed more than 3000 Urooncological surgeries including many complex surgeries like nerve sparing radical prostatectomy (for prostate cancer), nerve sparing radical Cystectomy and ileal conduit and Neobladder (for urinary bladder cancer), radical and partial nephrectomy including zero ischemia partial nephrectomy (for kidney cancer), partial and radical penectomy and video Endoscopic inguinal lymphadenectomy (VEIL) (for penis Cancer), Radical orchidectomy and retroperitoneal lymph node dissection (for testicular cancer) and surgeries for adrenal tumours.
Dr Raghunath is the founder chairman of global prostate disease foundation, an NGO to create awareness about prostate diseases, in particular prostate cancer among urologists and the community to prevent and detect the prostate cancer early.
Dr Raghunath has conducted more than 20 clinical trials in the field of prostate and renal cancers. He has more than 20 national and international publications to his credit. He has authored quiet a few Urooncology book chapters.
- MBBS - 1993 - Government Medical College, Mysore
- MS, General Surgery - 1998 - Government Medical College, Mysore
- DNB (Urology) - 2004 - Muljibhai Patel urological hospital, Nadiad, Gujarat
- Fellowship in Uro-Oncology - (2006-2008) - Rajiv Gandhi cancer institute and research centre(RGCI- 2008), Delhi.
- Fellowship in laparoscopic and Robotic urology - 2007 - at Taipei City Hospital and Mackey Memorial hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
- Fellowship in Molecular Oncology for prostate cancer - 2013 - at Centre for Prostate Disease Research (CPDR) and Walter Reed army university, at Maryland, Washington DC, USA.
He is the 1st Urooncologist to establish the 1st dedicated Urooncology department in south India.
His team has performed one of the highest series of video endoscopic inguinal lymphadenectomy in India. He is one of the few urooncologists to have performed more than 500 robotic Urooncological surgeries.
He is the 1st Urooncologist in south India to perform robotic radical cystectomy and total intra corporeal ileal neobladder surgery for bladder cancer. 1st Urooncologist to perform robotic perineal radical prostatectomy for prostate cancer in south India (very few surgeons in the world have performed this surgery).
He has been invited as a faculty for more than 100 conferences in India and abroad including EAU (European association of urology at London – 2017 and at Copenhagen - 2018) and SIU (society international urology at Greece 2019).
He has organised more than 20 conferences, live operative workshops and symposiums on prostate, kidney and bladder cancers.
He has been invited as an operating faculty for the following conferences/workshops/Master classes.
- Live demonstration of VEIL (video endoscopic inguinal lymphadenectomy) at international Urooncology workshop at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute, Delhi – 2010
- Live demonstration of Robotic radical prostatectomy, robotic partial nephrectomy and robotic VEIL at 2nd Indian Cancer Congress held at Clarks exotica convention canter, Bangalore on 8th November 2017.
- Live demonstration of Robotic Radical prostatectomy at 21st TS Jayaram memorial live operative workshop at Bangalore – 14-16 September 2018.
- Live demonstration of robotic VEIL at Master classes in Urooncology at Delhi – August 2018.
Dr Raghunath has more than 20 national and international publications to his credit. He has authored quiet a few Urooncology book chapters.
Online Appointment Request
Temporibus adipisci modi nisi, in deserunt. Nam, veritatis pariatur fugit explicabo? Nemo eius, eaq ue saepe facilis quidem nisi. Officiis doloremque dolorum optio.
Specialization and Expertise
Open and robotic radical prostatectomy and pelvic lymphadenectomy for prostate cancer
Open, Laparoscopic and Robotic partial nephrectomy / Nephron sparing surgery and nephroureterectomy for kidney cancers (Renal cancers)
Open and robotic radical cystectomy and ileal conduit/neobladder for bladder cancers
Open and robotic adrenalectomy for benign tumours and Cancers
Open and robotic retroperitoneal lymphadenectomy for testicular cancers
Open, Laparoscopic and robotic video endoscopic inguinal lymphadenectomy for penile cancers.
What Our Patient's Say About Us
Team of Cardiology Specialists
Healthcare blogs by Trustwell Hospital Consultants to educate the patients on all aspects of lifestyle and other common diseases