Dr. Suhas S
Profile of Dr. Suhas S
Dr. Suhas S , who is our Board Certified Consultant Plastic, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgeon is a highly accomplished surgeon, having shown excellence throughout his academic career. Having completed his MBBS from KIMS, Bangalore as a Gold Medalist and recipient of many awards for his academic achievements, he pursued his preferred specialization of M.S (General Surgery). He further went on to do his super-specialization in M.Ch (Plastic Surgery)
in the prestigious Pondicherry University. He had the opportunity to train under some of the best plastic surgeons of international repute during his super-specialization and honed his skills by gaining experience in managing some of the most complex cases. He then gained rich
fellowship experience from some of the top plastic surgery departments in the country like Tata
Medical Center, Kolkata and Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore.
He was awarded, at the National level, the prestigious "Chennai Fund Fellowship" by the APSI and has also co-authored textbooks on Plastic Surgery procedures for medical students. He is involved in medical research as well, and has many publications in international and national medical journals of plastic surgery.
He also holds an academic distinction as Assistant Professor of Plastic Surgery in Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, which has the busiest Plastic Surgery Department in Karnataka and trains budding plastic surgeons there. He consults in some of the best corporate private hospitals in Bangalore, performing many complex Plastic Surgery procedures on a daily basis.
He performs many Liposuctions, Tummy Tucks, Rhinoplasty, Hair Transplantation, Facial Rejuvenation and Breast Surgeries and has very happy clients. He is one of the very few Plastic Surgeons who has expertise in both Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery and does both on a regular basis. Thus he is adept in dealing with all types of Plastic Surgery procedures.
His well known surgical proficiency tempered with a gentle hand goes a long way in ensuring his patients have a comfortable surgical experience, while providing the best possible result in both Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery..
Professional Honors and Awards :
1. 1st Class & Honors in M.Ch (Plastic Surgery) Exit Examination
2. Batch Topper M.S (General Surgery) Exit Examination
3. Gold Medal for Highest Marks Obtained in General Medicine – MBBS
4. Kumari Suma Jayaram Memorial Endowment Prize – MBBS
5. Dr. R. Srinivas Memorial Gold Medal – MBBS
Fellowships / Certifications :
1. APSI - Chennai Fund Fellowship in Microsurgery – Tata Medical Center, Kolkata
2. Advanced Microsurgery Training – Dept of Plastic, Hand and
Reconstructive Microsurgery, Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore
3. Training in Tendon Transfer Surgery - The Leprosy Mission Trust, Naini, U.P, India
4. Basic Vascular Surgical Skills, JIPMER, Pondicherry
5. AOCMF Course - Principles in Craniomaxillofacial Fracture
Management- AO Foundation
6. Clinical Observership/ Training in Onco Reconstructive Microsurgery - Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai, India
7. ONCORECON - Onco Reconstructive Microsurgery - Tata Memorial
Centre, Mumbai, India
1. Assessment of Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction in Condylar Fracture of Mandible using the Helkimo Index – Suhas S, Sharad Ramdas et al, Indian J Plast Surg 2017; 50: 207-12
2. Review of Maxillofacial Fractures in Tertiary Care Centre in Puducherry - Sharad Ramdas, PP Lingam, Suhas. S. Ann of Tropical Medicine and Public Health, Vol 2, Issue 2, Mar-Apr 2014.
3. Complex Traumatic Facial Degloving Injury; Chandan Jadhav, Sharad Ramdas, PP Lingam, Suhas. S. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery, Volume 27, Number 4, June 2016.
4. Laparoscopic Transabdominal Preperitoneal Mesh repair versus Open (Lichtenstein) Mesh repair for Inguinal Hernia - A Comparative Study; Gurukiran CS, Suhas S et al. Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences; Vol 2: Issue 30, 20
Papers and Posters Presented :
1. Review of Maxillofacial Fractures in a Tertiary Care Centre in Pondicherry (Free Paper) – TANPAPS 2015, Chennai
2. Assessment of Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction in Condylar Fractures of the Mandible using the Helkimos Index (Free Paper) – APSICON 2015, Mumbai
3. Assessment of Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction in Condylar
Fractures of the Mandible using the Helkimos Index (E-Poster) – APSICON 2015, Mumbai
Online Appointment Request
Temporibus adipisci modi nisi, in deserunt. Nam, veritatis pariatur fugit explicabo? Nemo eius, eaq ue saepe facilis quidem nisi. Officiis doloremque dolorum optio.
Specialization and Expertise
- Facial Repair and Reconstruction Surgery
- Hand Surgery
- Lower Limb Reconstruction Surgery
- Burns and Post Burns Reconstruction
- Congenital Problems Correction - Face, Neck, Hand, Limbs
- Cleft Lip, Cleft Palate and Cleft Nose Repair
- Wounds Reconstruction - After accidents in any part of body
- Diabetic Foot Reconstruction
What Our Patient's Say About Us
Team of Cardiology Specialists
Healthcare blogs by Trustwell Hospital Consultants to educate the patients on all aspects of lifestyle and other common diseases
Digestive Disorders: Symptoms, Causes & Treatment Options
Digestive Disorders: Symptoms, Causes & Treatment Options Read More »