Prof. Dr. Sudhir Pai
Dr. Sudhir Pai - Joint Replacement & Trauma Surgeon
Trustwell Hospitals is proud to have Prof. Dr. Sudhir Pai - One of the Best Orthopedicians in Bangalore.
- Worked as a Senior Resident in the department of Plastic Surgery in St.John’s Medical College Hospital, Bangalore from 4th August 1998 to 31st January 1999. During this period was involved in managing outpatient, inpatient and emergency cases. Was responsible for managing burns patients and hand trauma including reimplantation. Was part of teaching cadre.
- Worked as a Lecturer in the department of Orthopaedics in St.John’s Medical College Hospital, Bangalore from 1st February 1999 to 15th January 2003. As Assistant Professor from January 2003 till June 2006, in this capacity was involved in management of all orthopaedic and trauma cases. Has performed both closed and open reductions of various long bone fractures.
- Has performed clubfoot corrections, reconstructive surgeries for Polio and cerebral palsy.
- Has performed segmental spinal instrumentation, Total hip replacements, Shoulder and knee arthroscopies
- In addition was involved both in undergraduate and postgraduate training programmes in one of the most well known colleges in the country.
- Worked as Associate Professor in the Department of Orthopaedics from June 2006 to September 2015. Was promoted as Professor in the same department in October 2015. Actively involved in Post graduate training and registered in the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore as faculty.
- Was the head of the specialized spine and arthroplasty unit in the department of orthopaedics from November 2015. During this time oversaw all manners of complex spinal problems including congenital, traumatic, pathological and neoplasms of the spine. Has expertise in performing all major spine surgeries. Also overseen all major arthroplasty cases.
Life Member Of
- Karnataka State Orthopaedic Association
- Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Orthopaedic Association of South Indian States.
- Treatment of comminuted fractures of the shaft of femur using interlocking intramedullary nails. Dissertation submitted to Pondicherry university accepted in partial fulfillment of the award of M.S. Orthopaedics
- Traumatic medical displacement of pectoral girdle (scapula – thoracic dissociation) – a case report. Published in Indian Journal of Orthopaedics. Vo. 34, No.4 Oct. 2000
- Benign fibrous histiocytoma of distal radius with congenital dislocation of radial head – a case report. Published in Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2005;13(1): 83-87
- Does the Occupational activity level affect the quality of life of patients treated with epidural steroid injections for lumbar disc herniations. Published in Asian Spine Journal, Vol 6;No. 2: 131-135, 2012
- Epidural steroid injection: A convenient Short Term Alternative to Fenestration Discectomy in Lumbar Disc Herniation. Published in JSM Neurosurgery & Spine 3 (2): 1057 (2015)
Specialization and Expertise
What Our Patient's Say About Us
Team of Cardiology Specialists
Healthcare blogs by Trustwell Hospital Consultants to educate the patients on all aspects of lifestyle and other common diseases