Prof. Dr. Sudhir Pai
Dr. Sudhir Pai - Joint Replacement & Trauma Surgeon
Trustwell Hospitals is proud to have Prof. Dr. Sudhir Pai - One of the Best Orthopedicians in Bangalore.
- Worked as a Senior Resident in the department of Plastic Surgery in St.John’s Medical College Hospital, Bangalore from 4th August 1998 to 31st January 1999. During this period was involved in managing outpatient, inpatient and emergency cases. Was responsible for managing burns patients and hand trauma including reimplantation. Was part of teaching cadre.
- Worked as a Lecturer in the department of Orthopaedics in St.John’s Medical College Hospital, Bangalore from 1st February 1999 to 15th January 2003. As Assistant Professor from January 2003 till June 2006, in this capacity was involved in management of all orthopaedic and trauma cases. Has performed both closed and open reductions of various long bone fractures.
- Has performed clubfoot corrections, reconstructive surgeries for Polio and cerebral palsy.
- Has performed segmental spinal instrumentation, Total hip replacements, Shoulder and knee arthroscopies
- In addition was involved both in undergraduate and postgraduate training programmes in one of the most well known colleges in the country.
- Worked as Associate Professor in the Department of Orthopaedics from June 2006 to September 2015. Was promoted as Professor in the same department in October 2015. Actively involved in Post graduate training and registered in the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore as faculty.
- Was the head of the specialized spine and arthroplasty unit in the department of orthopaedics from November 2015. During this time oversaw all manners of complex spinal problems including congenital, traumatic, pathological and neoplasms of the spine. Has expertise in performing all major spine surgeries. Also overseen all major arthroplasty cases.
MBBS - 1994 - JIPMER, Pondicherry
MS Ortho - 1998 -JIPMER, Pondicherry
Life Member Of
- Karnataka State Orthopaedic Association
- Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Orthopaedic Association of South Indian States.
- Treatment of comminuted fractures of the shaft of femur using interlocking intramedullary nails. Dissertation submitted to Pondicherry university accepted in partial fulfillment of the award of M.S. Orthopaedics
- Traumatic medical displacement of pectoral girdle (scapula – thoracic dissociation) – a case report. Published in Indian Journal of Orthopaedics. Vo. 34, No.4 Oct. 2000
- Benign fibrous histiocytoma of distal radius with congenital dislocation of radial head – a case report. Published in Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2005;13(1): 83-87
- Does the Occupational activity level affect the quality of life of patients treated with epidural steroid injections for lumbar disc herniations. Published in Asian Spine Journal, Vol 6;No. 2: 131-135, 2012
- Epidural steroid injection: A convenient Short Term Alternative to Fenestration Discectomy in Lumbar Disc Herniation. Published in JSM Neurosurgery & Spine 3 (2): 1057 (2015)
Years of Experience
Online Appointment Request
Temporibus adipisci modi nisi, in deserunt. Nam, veritatis pariatur fugit explicabo? Nemo eius, eaq ue saepe facilis quidem nisi. Officiis doloremque dolorum optio.
Specialization and Expertise
Spine Surgeries Spine Surgeries
What Our Patient's Say About Us
Team of Cardiology Specialists
Healthcare blogs by Trustwell Hospital Consultants to educate the patients on all aspects of lifestyle and other common diseases
Digestive Disorders: Symptoms, Causes & Treatment Options
Digestive disorders refer to a range of conditions that affect the digestive system, which includes the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas, small intestine, and large intestine. These disorders can cause discomfort, pain, and other unpleasant symptoms, and may significantly impact a person’s quality of life. Trustwell Hospitals, Institute of Gastrosciences has excellent infrastructure and doctors …
Digestive Disorders: Symptoms, Causes & Treatment Options Read More »
Scrotal Pain and Its Causes
Scrotal Pain and Its Causes Testicular pain can be caused by a sudden injury, inflammation, sexually transmitted infections, or an emergency condition. This condition can cause a dull ache in the scrotum, sometimes along with swelling Common Causes – Epididymoorchitis ( Infection and inflammation of testes and Epididymis) Torsion testes ( Twisting of testes around its …
Heart Attack in Young
Myocardial infarction in persons under the age of 45 years accounts for 6% to 10% of all myocardial infarction. Frequency of MI in younger subjects The Framingham Heart Study : Incidence of an MI over a 10 year follow-up was 12.9/1000 in men 30 to 34 years old and 5.2/1000 in women 35 to 44 …
Role of Vitamin D
As we all know Vitamin D is vital to the body’s functioning. A deficiency in this Vitamin can cause problems and hamper our lifestyle. It is normally more severe during the winter season. The most important and freely available source is Sun’s rays. It is the most abundant source of Vitamin D. During the winter …
Kidney Infections and Its Management
The most common cause of kidney infections is Bacteria. It enters your urinary tract through the tube that carries urine from your body (urethra) and can multiply and travel to your kidneys. Bacteria from an infection elsewhere in your body also can spread through your bloodstream to your kidneys. Pyelonephritis is a condition (Infection of …
What is Vertigo
Vertigo is a feeling of imbalance. You may feel like you are spinning or the world around is spinning. It is more often caused due to issues related to the inner ear or the Brain. Some of the most common causes are. BPPV It is known as benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. It is a condition …