Dr. H V Madhusudan - Neurosurgeon
Profile of Dr. H V Madhusudan
Dr H V Madhusudan, Chief neurosurgeon and HOD of neurosciences has performed more than 15000 successful brain and spinal surgeries so far. Well known for handling complicated case with ease. Expertise in operating on all age group, right from a one day old baby to 102 years old man.
His main area of interest being minimal access neurosurgery, skullbase endoscopic surgeries, etc Conversant with the use of Neuroendoscope, Neuronavigation, Transcranial Doppler, Spinal instrumentation, Stereotaxy. He is also an expert in complex spinal instrumentation including Craniovertebral junction anomalies, radiosurgery including Gamma knife and Cyber knife.
Credited with doing the first lumbar disc replacement and interspinous device implantation in Karnataka (2006).
He also did vast number of complicated surgeries in Hosmat hospital and was instrumental in setting up and running the department of neurosciences at Narayan Hrudhayala Bangalore.
He has also been involved in both undergraduate and postgraduate teaching (General Surgery and Neurosurgery) As a neurosurgeon has been doing a lot of charity work conducting free camps in Hubli, Dharwad and Bellary, especially in peadiatric neurosurgery. Involved in over 500 surgeries at Sathya Sai Institute at Bangalore where all patients were treated free of cost.
Previous work experience-
- He previously worked as a consultant Neuro and Spinal surgeon, HOSMAT hospital, (July 2003- June 2004),
- Consultant Neuro and Spinal surgeon, Narayan Hrudhayalaya neuro sciences (July 2004 - august 2006)
- Consultant and chief neuro and spine surgeon sagar hospitals (august 2006 to February 2016)
- Chief neurosurgeon and head of neurosciences BGS global geleneagles hospital Bangalore ( February 2006- April 2019)
- M.B.B.S ,Bangalore Medical College(BMC)1989-1995
- M.Ch. Neurosurgery,1995-2000 National Institute of Mental Health & Neuroscience
(NIMHANS) Bangalore, India
- Fellowship in General and Spinal Neurosurgery, University of Arizona, Tucson, USA
(July 2001- June 2002)
- Fellowship in Neurosurgical- Oncology and Gamma Knife Roswell Park Cancer
Institute, Buffalo, NY (July 2002-June 2003)
- Awarded by the prestigious Indiragandhi Priyadharshini Award on 14th May 2004 at New Delhi for his outstanding services & achievements and contribution. Presented by Dr Bhishma Narayan Singh (Former Governor) on the occasion of International labors day.
- Honoured with Parimala prashasthi award in 2012 during 37th Parimala Varshik utsava .
- Invited for faculty lectures and chairing the session for other departments like orthopaedic, paediatric, ophthalmology, and ENT national conferences.
- Delivered keynote address at the prestigious Project management practitioners conference September 2012
- Guest lecture – grand rounds presentation – Surgical role in the control of chronic pain, University of Arizona, March 13th 2002, Tucson, Arizona, USA.
- Guest lecture – Initial assessment of patients in the treatment of traumatic brain injury- Symposium and CME for Western New York Nurses association. June 6th 2003, Buffalo, New York, USA.
- Guest lecture – Dawn of painless neurosurgery- radiosurgery - IMA chapter Shimoga – CME for physicians, Dec 16th 2003, shimoga, India.
- Faculty lecture – Gamma knife radiosurgery- National workshop on Stereotactic Radiosurgery, 20th march 2004, Nimhans , Bangalore, India
- Guest lecture on Recent advances in mimimal access Neurosurgery at Kandy Srilanka
- Many publication and presentation to his credit in national and international conferences.
- Martin WE, Madhusudan HV and Davis B. Acute verses prolonged trial with dorsal column stimulator for the long Term control of chronic pain. Journal of Neuromodulation 6(1) 2002.
- B.I.Devi, D.I.Bhat,H.V.Madhusudan, V.Santhosh & S.K.Shankar. Primary interosseous meningioma of the orbit and anterior cranial fossa – A case report and a review of literature – Australasian journal of radiology, 211-215,vol 45,Issue 2,May 2001.
- Asymptomatic Carotid Occlusion, SPECT Studies and Risk of Development of TIA’S and Strokes. Poster presentation at the Annual Meeting –April 2002- Chicago
- Superficial temporal artery pseudoaneurysm presenting as extradural hematoma: A case report and review of literature Hassan Vijayendra Madhusudan, Naveen Krishnamoorthy, Praveen Karenahalli Suresh, and Venugopal Subramaniam Asian J Neurosurgery 2015 Apr-Jun : 10(2): 63 -65
- Role of Antioxidant enzymes in CSF of patients with aneurismal SAH and correlation vasospasm. National Neurosciences Conférence, Dec 14th - Dec 17th, 2000, Chennai, India.
- Carotid Endartectomy without a shunt-Role of induced Hypertension and Cerebral
metabolic protection. 5th joint Annual meeting of the AANS/CNS Section on
Cerebrovascular & American Society of Interventional and Therapeutic Neuroradiology, Feb 3rd -Feb 6th, 2002- Dallas, Texas.
Specialization and Expertise
What Our Patient's Say About Us
What Our Patient's Say About Us
Team of Neurosurgeons
Healthcare blogs by Trustwell Hospital Consultants to educate the patients on all aspects of lifestyle and other common diseases