Dr. Praveen K S - Neurosurgeon
Profile of Dr. Praveen K S
With more than 15 years of experience in the diagnosis and surgical management of general neurosurgical cases including Aneurysms, Neuro-Oncology, Neuro-Trauma, Pediatric Neurosurgery, Spinal Disorders and Neuro-Endoscopy. Dr. Praveen K S, independently manages patients both in the outpatient and inpatient. He conducts routine neurosurgical operations independently which include routine and complex head injuries, microsurgical clipping of aneurysms, excision of a spectrum of brain and spinal tumors, microdiscectomy for lumbar and cervical degenerative spine disease, complex spinal instrumentation, and peripheral nerve decompressive surgeries. He has performed approximately 5000 neurosurgical cases so far.
Well known for the Responsibility for accurate bedside evaluation of pre-operative and post-operative neurosurgical patients. Along with, he is also involved in documentation and interpretation of clinical signs, operative findings and post-operative developments during patient care.
Previous work experience-
- Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon, BGS Gkleneagles Global Hospital, Uttarahalli: Feb 2017- till date
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, Sagar Hospitals, Jayanagar and Kumaraswamy Layout: March 2012- January 2017
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, Manipal Specialty Hospital, Rajarajeshwarinagar, Bangalore: May 2011- March 2012
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, Apollo Specialty Hospital, Madurai, Tamilnadu: November 2010- May 2011
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, Vikram Hospital, Mysore, Karnataka: March 2009- October 2010
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, Basappa Memorial Hospital and Kamakshi hospital, Mysore, Karnataka: June 2008- March 2009
- Senior Resident, Department of Neurosurgery, NIMHANS, Bangalore, Karnataka: August 2007- May 2008
- MBBS- Bangalore Medical College
- MD –Stanley Medical College, Chennai
- Diplomat of National Board Certificate (DNB, Gen Surgery)
- M.Ch (Neurosurgery)- NIMHANS, Bangalore
- Honorable Guest faculty and delegate for numerous national and international conferences workshops and CME.
- University Topper (First Rank) of Bangalore University – MBBS Examinations, 1999
- University Topper (First Rank)of Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Chennai – M.S (Gen Surgery) Examinations, 2004
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore- MCh Neurosurgery, 2007
- Best Outgoing student in Neurosurgery for the year 2007 presented during the convocation held on Jan 5, 2009.
- First prize in the quiz competition held at Spine- 2012, Chennai
- “Calcified epidermoid cyst of the anterior interhemispheric fissure” BJNS (August 2008, BJNS)
- “Superficial temporal artery pseudoaneurysm presenting as extradural hematoma: A case report and review of literature” Asian J Neurosurg. 2015 Apr-Jun; 10(2): 63–65.
Specialization and Expertise
What Our Patient's Say About Us
Team of Cardiology Specialists
Healthcare blogs by Trustwell Hospital Consultants to educate the patients on all aspects of lifestyle and other common diseases