Dr. Rajendran Dinesh Kumar
Dr. Rajendran Dinesh Kumar
Dr. Rajendran Dinesh Kumar is a ENT & HNS
- Medical School: MBBS, Sir Seewoosagur Ramgolam Medical College, Belle Rive, Mauritius, University of Mauritius, Réduit, Mauritius. February 2004 -November 2008.
- Residency: MS ENT & HNS, Navodaya Medical College & Hospital, Raichur, Karnataka, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, June 2012- June 2015.
- Was awarded Dr RAF Cooper Award for original research by The Association of Otolaryngologist of India at 69th AOICON 2017, Kolkata. Venue: Science City.Date:04.02.2017. (National Conference)
- Was awarded, First Place-Awarded Gold Medal in Dr. ND Purushottam Award for Innovation in ENT
and Head and Neck Surgery, for topic titled “Role of Autologous Platelet Rich Fibrin Matrix in ENT &
HNS”. 34TH AOIKCON 2016, SIMS, Shivamogga.8-11th September 2016( Karnataka State
Conference) by Association of Otolaryngologist of Karnataka.
- First Place-Fluticon FT Rhinology Quiz GOLD Medal Award and 60,000 Cash prize for PG
QUIZ at 67thAnnual Conference of the Association of Otolaryngologists of India held at AIIMS,
Raipur, Chhattisgarh from 9th to 11th January, 2015. (As Post Graduate – National Conference)
- Second Place for Dr Venkatesh Murthy Poster Presentation at 10th South Zone and 32ndKarnataka
State Annual ENT Conference 2014, held at Rajarajeshwari Medical College and Hospital, Bangalore
from October 10th to 12th, 2014.(As Post Graduate- State conference)
- Second Place, PGIMER- Junior Consultant Rhinology Best Paper Award, at Master Class Series
Workshop on Nasal Polyposis, 13-14TH February 2016. Basaveshwara Medical College & Hospital,
Chitradurga, Karnataka. (As Junior Consultant –Regional Conference)
- First Place–Best Paper in Junior Consultant Oral Presentation category, Dr L.H. Hiranandani Mid-
Term ENT National Conference 2016, 27-29th May 2016, Madikeri.(As Junior Consultant- National
- Third Place-Awarded for Dr SL Chopra E-poster Session, titled “Tympanolith in Middle Ear” at
69th Annual Conference of the Association of Otolaryngologists of India (AOICON) Kolkata, 2-5
February 2017. (As Junior Consultant).
- Awarded Gold Medal for “Young ENT Surgeon of Karnataka 2018” at36th Annual Karnataka State
Conference of Association of Otolaryngologist & 14th South Zone ENT Conference 2018, MIMS,
Mandya, 11th – 14th October 2018.(As Junior Consultant- State Conference).
- Ahilasamy Nagalingeswaran, Rajendran Dinesh Kumar. Endoscopic posterior nasal neurectomy. J Laryngol Otol
2019;1–5. https://doi.org/ 10.1017/S002221511900166X.
- Ahilasamy Nagalingeswaran, Dinesh Kumar Rajendran . Tympanolith in the Middle ear cavity, GMS Curr Posters
Otorhinolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2017;13:Doc121. doi: 10.3205/cpo001675.
National Journal: Total : 20
- Vithal D. Udagatti, Rajendran Dinesh Kumar. Clinical Evaluation of Endoscopic Transmeatal type 1 Tympanoplasty.
Bihar and Jharkand Journal of Otolaryngology, Vol 35(2) 2015 September: 157–162. 28-32.
- Dinesh Kumar R, Rajashekar M. Comparative study of improvement of nasal symptoms following septoplasty with
partial inferior turbinectomy versus septoplasty alone in adults by nose scale- a prospective study. Indian J
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2016 Sep;68(3):275-84. doi: 10.1007/s12070-015-0928-2. Epub 2015 Dec 15.
- Vithal D. Udagatti, Rajendran Dinesh Kumar. Endoscopic Ear Surgery: Critical Review of Anatomy and Physiology
of Normal and Reconstructive Middle Ear. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2016 Jun; 68(2): 157–162.
- Vithal D. Udagatti, Rajendran Dinesh Kumar. Prevalence of Goitre in Raichur District (Karnataka): A Descriptive
Study. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2017 Dec; 69(4): 523–526.doi: 10.1007/s12070-017-1214-2.
- Vithal D. Udagatti, Rajendran Dinesh Kumar. Migraine Related Vertigo.Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2017
Dec;69(4):563-567. doi: 10.1007/s12070-017-1101-x. Epub 2017 Feb 4.
- Rajendran Dinesh Kumar. Application of Platelet Rich Fibrin Matrix to Repair Traumatic Tympanic Membrane
Perforations: A Pilot Study. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2017. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12070-017-1239-6.
- Ahilasamy Nagalingeswaran, Rajendran Dinesh Kumar. Mini Inferior Turbinoplasty- Tunneling Technique. Indian J
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg (Oct–Dec 2018) 70(4):604–606; https://doi.org/10.1007/s12070-018-1292-9.
- Ahilasamy Nagalingeswaran, Rajendran Dinesh Kumar.Ahila’s Diathermy Round Knife for Endoscopic Ear
Surgery.Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg (Oct–Dec 2018) 70(4):495–497; https://doi.org/10.1007/s12070-018-
- Ahilasamy Nagalingeswaran , Rajendran Dinesh Kumar.Tympanolith in the Middle Ear.Annals of Otology and
Neurotology 2018; 01(02): 123-125 DOI: 10.1055/s-0037-1612642.
- Rajendran Dinesh Kumar, Vithal D Udagatti. Tuberculosis of Tongue (Oral Cavity): A Case Report. International
Journal of Head and Neck Surgery (December 2018)9(4):121-123.
- Nagalingeswaran A, Kumar RD. Infra-auricular Sinus: A Very Rare Case Presentation. Indian Journal of
Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery. 2019 Nov;71(Suppl 2):1502-1504. DOI: 10.1007/s12070-019-01636-8.
- Nagalingeswaran A, Kumar RD. Newer Surgical Options for Nasal Allergy. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg.
- Ahilasamy, N., Narendrakumar, V. & Rajendran, D.K. Supra Maxillary Cell (SMC): An Anatomical variant of
Ethmoid Sinus. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12070-020-01947-1 (SMC):
An Anatomical variant of Ethmoid Sinus.
- Ahilasamy, N., Dinesh Kumar, R., Rajasekaran, S. et al. Dr. Ahila's Conchal Crusher for Concha Bullosa. Indian J
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12070-020-01977-9.
- Udagatti, V.D., Kumar, R.D. Will Vestibular Migraine Pathology Lead to Ischemic Changes in Brain Tissue in Later
Age?. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12070-020-01940-8
- Ahilasamy, N., Narendrakumar, V., Rajendran, D.K. et al. Cribriform CSF Leak: Endoscopic Surgical Repair Using
Free Septal Mucosal Graft Without Postoperative Nasal Packs. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg (2020).
- Ahilasamy, N., Dinesh Kumar, R., Nayagam, H.A. et al. Ropivacaine: A Novel Local Anaesthetic Drug to Use in
Otorhinolaryngology Practice. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12070-020-
- Joshna, B.M., Kudpaje, A., Rajendran, D. et al. Transoral Laryngeal Surgery in Low-grade Myofibroblastic Sarcoma
of Larynx: A Plausible Treatment Option. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg (2021).
- Ahilasamy, N., Narendrakumar, V., Kumar, R.D. et al. “Fizz Sign” in Acute Sinusitis–A CT Scan Finding. Indian J
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12070-021-03045-2.
- Ahilasamy, N., Narendrakumar, V., Kumar, R.D. et al. Local Anaesthetic Nerve Blocks in Endoscopic Nasal and
Sinus Surgery. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12070-021-03044-3.
Patented Instruments Taken:
A. Innovative application of using Ahila’s Diathermy round knife (Instrument patented) in Ear surgery.
Ahilasamy Nagalingeswaran, Rajendran Dinesh Kumar.Ahila’s Diathermy Round Knife for Endoscopic Ear Surgery. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg (Oct–Dec 2018) 70(4):495–497; https://doi.org/10.1007/s12070-
B. Innovative use of Ahila’s Cochcal crusher (Instrument Patented) in Concha bullosa endoscopic nasal surgery.
Ahilasamy, N., Dinesh Kumar, R., Rajasekaran, S. et al. Dr. Ahila's Conchal Crusher for Concha Bullosa. Indian
J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12070-020-01977-9
Specialization and Expertise
ENT & HNS.
What Our Patient's Say About Us
Team of Cardiology Specialists
Healthcare blogs by Trustwell Hospital Consultants to educate the patients on all aspects of lifestyle and other common diseases
Scrotal Pain and Its Causes Testicular pain can be caused by a sudden injury, inflammation, sexually transmitted infections, or an emergency condition. This condition can cause a dull ache in the scrotum, sometimes along with swelling Common Causes – Epididymoorchitis ( Infection and inflammation of testes and Epididymis) Torsion testes ( Twisting of testes around its …
Myocardial infarction in persons under the age of 45 years accounts for 6% to 10% of all myocardial infarction. Frequency of MI in younger subjects The Framingham Heart Study : Incidence of an MI over a 10 year follow-up was 12.9/1000 in men 30 to 34 years old and 5.2/1000 in women 35 to 44 …
As we all know Vitamin D is vital to the body’s functioning. A deficiency in this Vitamin can cause problems and hamper our lifestyle. It is normally more severe during the winter season. The most important and freely available source is Sun’s rays. It is the most abundant source of Vitamin D. During the winter …
The most common cause of kidney infections is Bacteria. It enters your urinary tract through the tube that carries urine from your body (urethra) and can multiply and travel to your kidneys. Bacteria from an infection elsewhere in your body also can spread through your bloodstream to your kidneys. Pyelonephritis is a condition (Infection of …
Vertigo is a feeling of imbalance. You may feel like you are spinning or the world around is spinning. It is more often caused due to issues related to the inner ear or the Brain. Some of the most common causes are. BPPV It is known as benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. It is a condition …
Asthma does not have to limit your life. All over the world many people have asthma. You cannot cure asthma but you can completely control your asthma. Visit Best Pulmonolgy Department in Bangalore. People with asthma can have normal, active lives. When your asthma is under control – you can work, play, go to school, …