TWIMS - Paediatric Orthopaedics
A child needs tender care during their period of growth and development, and so does their injuries or any disorder, particularly birth malformations. From the newborn stage through the teenage years, a child is highly susceptible to orthopaedic challenges. When it comes to dealing with childrens orthopaedic conditions, there is a specialized branch of orthopaedics — Paediatric Orthopaedics. The doctors associated with this branch of medicine are particularly trained and specialized in rendering an accurate diagnosis, surgical and non-surgical treatment for every bone or muscle deformities or infections affecting bone and joints of children. Trust well Hospitals houses some of the best Paediatric Orthopaedic surgeons in Bangalore, Karnataka.
Children are susceptible to a range of critical and common paediatric orthopaedic conditions, some of which include:
- Developmental Dysplasia of Hip — In babies and young children, the ball and socket joint of the hip are not formed accurately.
- Club foot — One or maybe both feet are rotated either inward and downward from birth.
- Paediatric Fractures — During the growing period, bones are more porous and thus at greater risk for compression fractures.
- Scoliosis — An abnormal lateral curvature of the spine, >50 degrees.
- Congenital Deformities — Physical abnormalities that develop from birth
- Cerebral Palsy — A motor disability that affects a person's ability to move and maintain balance and posture.
Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgeries
Our team of medical professionals efficiently diagnose the issue in kids and execute the course of treatment required. Some common surgeries conducted at Trustwell include:
- Scoliosis Surgery — When the spinal curve measures over 50 degrees and is getting worse, scoliosis spinal deformity correction surgery is recommended. It is usually suggested to get it done by the age of 14.
- Foot, Ankle, Knee and Hip Reconstruction — Children born with these deformities are advised to undergo Reconstruction. This helps to realign the limb, regain normal movement and also cures pain and inflammation.
- Tendon Transfers and Muscular Reconstruction — In the case of multiple denervated muscle groups, usually from birth, children lose the activeness of the limbs. To restore the lost action and shift a functioning tendon to the new one, Tendon Transfers and Muscular Reconstruction is advised, between 6-10 years.
- Cerebral Palsy Surgery — Other than therapy, surgery is the only option to improve mobility and posture of children suffering from cerebral palsy. It can cure the alignment of legs, feet, hip, wrists, ensure healthy growth, and increase a child’s life expectancy.
- Skeletal Trauma Care — Limb Trauma in children leads to plastic deformation, greenstick fracture, buckle fracture, and complete fracture. Most common injuries happen around the elbows and knees. With timely intervension, using latest techniques, mindful care and guidance, a cure is possible.
Online Appointment Request
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium