DEPARTMENT OF PULMONARY MEDICINE
The Pulmonology Medicine speciality at Trustwell Hospitals deals with diseases of the lungs and airways including Asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Tuberculosis, Pneumonia, Interstitial lung Diseases (ILD), Bronchiectasis, Lung Cancer, Pulmonary Hypertension, Pleural Diseases, Sleep Medicine and Respiratory Critical Care.
We have both out-patient and in-patient services for patients with respiratory disorders with facilities like Spirometry, advanced Pulmonary function tests like FENO, DLCO, Six minute walk tests, etc.
We strive to provide holistic care with an emphasis on keeping patients fully informed and in control of their treatment. We work closely with other departments and other allied health professionals in inpatient and outpatient settings, both within the Trust and in the wider community.
We have one of the best Interventional Pulmonology unit with facilities like Diagnostic Bronchoscopy with Broncho-Alveolar lavage (BAL), Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS), Transbronchial Lung Biopsies (TBLB). Therapeutic Bronchoscopic procedures (Endobronchial Tumor debulking, Tracheal and bronchial dilatation for Tracheal stenosis, Airway Stent, management of Tracheo-Esophageal Fistula).
We offer services in both Diagnostic and therapeutic Thoracoscopy for management of complicated Pleural effusions, Pleurodesis and Indwelling Pleural Catheter placement. We offer services in Thoracic surgeries (VATS, open lung biopsy, Bullectomy, Pneumonectomy, Pleurodesis).
The Pulmonary Medicine department also has access to thoracic imaging facilities with Chest X-ray, CT and MRI scanners, dedicated lung cytology and histopathology services, and a full microbiological service.
We offer services in Sleep Medicine with a holistic approach to deal with Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Central Sleep Apnea. We have a state of the art Level 1 Sleep Lab for evaluation of Sleep Apnea. We work in conjunction with departments of ENT surgery, Bariatric surgery, facio-Maxillary surgeries, Medicine, Neurology, Diabetology, Physiotherapy and Dietary services for management of OSA. We provide CPAP and BIPAP therapy, surgeries like UPPP, Mandibular advancement surgeries, Bariatric surgeries & liposuction.
We also provide services in Critical care for management of critically ill patients having illnesses like ARDS, Respiratory failure, Sepsis, Shock. We have a state of the art Intensive care Unit with world class facilities, both invasive and non-invasive ventilation, prone ventilation, cardiac and neuro intensive care. We work in conjunction with neurology and neurosurgical teams in managing acute stroke; and with interventional cardiology team in managing acute heart attacks, heart failures, arrhythmias etc.
We also offer services in Pulmonary Rehabilitation programme for patients with Chronic respiratory Diseases like COPD, ILD, Bronchiectasis, oxygen dependent patients which help in increasing the muscle strength and endurance, improving the stamina and energy levels, increasing the exercise capacity. We strive to improve the quality of life of such patients in order to put them back in the main stream of society and lead a happy and a comfortable disability free life. We, together with our enduring team of doctors organize various social initiatives to prevent smoking and other causes of respiratory disorders.
- Allergic Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis
- Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome
- Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia (BPD)
- Chronic Obstrucve Pulmonary Disease
- Cysc Fibrosis
- Connecve Tissue Disorders
- Hypersensivity Pneumonis
- Intersal Lung Diseases
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Lung Cancer Diagnosis & Treatment
- Malignant Pleural Effusion
- Occupaonal Lung Diseases
- Pleural Diseases
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Sleep Apnea
- Asthma, COPD, Bronchiectasis
- Tuberculosis, Pneumonia
- Respiratory Infections
- Thoracic Oncology: Lung Cancer, Pleural Malignancies, Secondaries in the Lung
- Interstitial Lung Diseases
- Holistic approach to deal with Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) and Central Sleep Apnea
- State of the art Level 1 Sleep Lab facility
- CPAP and BIPAP therapy
- UPPP, Mandibular advancement surgeries
Diagnostic & Interventional Bronchoscopy
- Broncho-Alveolar lavage (BAL)
- Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS)
- Endobronchial & Transbronchial Lung Biopsies (TBLB)
- Endobronchial Tumor debulking
- Balloon dilatation for tracheal stenosis
- Airway stenting
- Management of tracheo-esophageal Fistula
Critical Care Services
- State of the art intensive care unit with World class facilities
- ARDS, Respiratory Failure, Sepsis, Shock
- Invasive and Non-invasive ventilation
- Prone ventilation, ECMO facilities
- Cardiac and Neuro intensive care
Thoracoscopy Thoracic Surgery
- Management of complicated pleural effusions
- Thoracic surgeries: VATS, Open lung biopsy Thoracotomy & decortication, Indwelling Pleural Catheter placement Bullectomy, Pneumonectomy
Pulmonary Function Tests - Thoracic Imaging
- Advanced Pulmonary function tests (FENO, DLCO)
- Six minute walk test
- Chest X-ray, CT & MRI scan
- Dedicated lung cytology & Histopathology Services
- Full Pathological and Microbiological services
- Rolling spirometers
Specialization and Expertise
What Our Patient's Say About Us
Team of Cardiology Specialists
Rate, Review and Explore
Healthcare blogs by Trustwell Hospital Consultants to educate the patients on all aspects of lifestyle and other common diseases