Dr. Vikram Kamath - Neurologist
Profile of Dr. Vikram Kamath
After completing his medical graduation from the prestigious Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Mangalore, Karnataka (Mangalore University) with honors in Pathology and Ophthalmology, he successfully completed his D.M. Neurology, from the National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) (Deemed University), Bangalore. He started with Rotatory Internship for one year (April 1994- March 1995) at KMC, Mangalore to Senior Consultant Neurologist till date. He deals with Neuropsychology, pediatric neurology, Alzheimer disorder, rehabilitation services, etc. His compassionate and caring approach helps patient heal in confidence.
Previous work experience-
- Rotatory Internship for one year (April 1994- March 1995) at KMC, Mangalore.
- Junior Resident in Neurology at NIMHANS, Bangalore from September 1995 to February 1997 and in Medicine at Victoria Hospital, Bangalore Medical College (BMC), Bangalore from March 1997 to August 1998.
- Senior Resident in the Dept. of Neurology (NIMHANS) from September 1998 to August 2002.
- Assistant Professor in Neurology, St. John’s Medical College Hospital (SJMCH), Bangalore from October 2001 till September 2004.
- Associate Professor at SJMCH from October 2004 to December 2007.
- Senior Consultant Neurologist, Apollo Hospitals Bangalore from January 2008 till date.
- MBBS- Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Mangalore
- D.M. Neurology, from the National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS)
- Rotatory Internship at KMC
- Life member of Indian Academy of Neurology (IAN), Neurological Society of India (NSI) and Bangalore Neurological Society (BNS).
- Autonomic dysfunction in Wilson’s disease-a clinical and electrophysiological study. S Meenakshi-Sundaram, A.B.Taly, V.Kamath, G.R.Arunodaya, S.Rao and H.S.Swamy. Clinical Autonomic Research (2002) 12:185-189.
- Phenobarbitone induced gingival hyperplasia-case report. S.Sinha, V.Kamath, A.B.Taly, G.R.Arunodaya. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry (2002) 73: 601-602.
- Functional MR imaging of hand motor cortex in a case of persistent mirror movement. P.N.Jayakumar, J.M.E.Kavoor, S.G.Srikanth, A.B.Taly, V.Kamath. Neurology India (2003) 51: 94-97.
- Acute Painful Peripheral Neuropathy due to Metronidazole. G R K Sarma, V. Kamath Neurology India (June 2005) Vol. 53: pp. 372-373 Remitting-relapsing Subacute Sclerosing Panencephalitis (SSPE). Case description and mini-review. V Kamath, A B Taly, S Sinha et al. Ann Ind Acad Neurology (2005) 8:101-104
- A case of Parkinsonism worsened by losartan: a probable new adverse effect.
Authors: G R K Sarma, Vikram Kamath, Thomas Mathew, A K Roy. Movement disorders (June 2008) 23(7):1055.
- Subdural hematoma, subarachnoid hemorrhage and intracerebral parenchymal hemorrhage secondary to Cerebral Sinovenous Thrombosis: A rare combination. Thomas Mathew, G.R.K Sarma, Vikram Kamath, A.K. Roy. Neurology India (Jan 2007) 55(4):438-9.
Specialization and Expertise
What Our Patient's Say About Us
Team of Cardiology Specialists
What Our Patient's Say About Us
Healthcare blogs by Trustwell Hospital Consultants to educate the patients on all aspects of lifestyle and other common diseases